Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MaryKay Glam

I recently received my latest VoxBox from Influenster and inside was a PILE of MaryKay products!  I was excited to try them all, but I was surprised to see that I could do a full face with what was in the box.
Here is what I got:


  • Lash Love Mascara: I've had MK mascara that I absolutely loved in the past.  This one was good, but not as good as my usual.  It doesn't go one smoothly enough for me.  My lashes are long and dark, but kind of sparse.  This made them clump and look even more sparse.  I did like that I could cry (which I do often these days) and sweat and still have mascara on my lashes - not all over my face!
  • Gel Eyeliner: I am terrible at eyeliner!  But, this one is EASY!  I love this stuff.  The brush is stiff enough that I can't get too far off track.  It goes on well and stays on most of the day.
  • Cream Eye Color: This color is perfect for the summer.  Just enough shimmer to look summery, but not glittery.  This cream goes on smoothly stays one a while.  Most cream shadows don't work well on me, but this one seems to stay for a long time.
  • Bronzing Powder: LOVE!  love. love. love.  I started my love affair with bronzer a couple of years ago.  I've had an old-stand-by, but I was ready to try something new. This product almost naturally blends in!  It is the perfect shade for many skin tones without looking orange!  And it lasts!
  • Lip Gloss: Mango Tango may not be my ideal color, but it is so summery!  I wear it often. I just wish it last longer.  It may be a little to sticky for me too.
  • Cheek Color: I LOVE this color!  It is a pretty pink with enough shimmer and bronze in it to just look like a natural summer check color. This one lasts a while too!
  • Translucent Powder: just enough coverage to keep from being shiny.
  • Brushes: Both brushes pick up the right amount of product and apply it evenly.  I'll probably invest in more MK brushes soon.

It took me under 5 minutes to apply all of these products for a full summer face!  It is quick and easy and just enough coverage for a summer day!



post signature

No comments: