Tuesday, June 17, 2014

After Week One - Weight Watchers Simple Start

I've made it OVER a week now!
Doesn't sound like much, but I'm pretty proud of myself.  I finished my first week with 4 indulgence points left and 4.2 lbs down!!!
I lost 4.2 pounds in one week!
Yes, it was the first work and it was immediately following a vacation, but I still lost over 4 pounds.

Making my menu and grocery list for this week was much easier than last week.  I knew what I enjoyed eating, what filled me up, and what wanted to cook with.

My fridge is now LOADED with fruits and veggies.  I've given in and bought a few more low-fat dairy products.  I'm still not sure how I feel about that.  I'm finding the whole-grains and whole-wheat products that I like. And I've chosen my indulgences carefully so that I don't feel deprived at all.

I've also been working on being more active.  It is HOT in the south in June.  Outdoor activities have to happen early in the morning!  But, I'm doing it with a dear friend.

My favorite dinner I've made this week was a nice lemony fish recipe I adapted from the WW app.

Ingredients for 2 servings:
2 tilapia filets
olive oil spray
lemon dill seasoning
salt
pepper
1 lemon

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 450.  Pat filets dry.  Salt and pepper both sides.  Line a baking pan with foil.  Lay filets side by side.  Sprinkle with lemon dill seasoning to your liking.  Lay a slice of lemon on top of each filet.  Loosely tent fish with foil.  Bake for 10-20 minutes until fish flakes.  Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve!

I ate mine with couscous and garlic sautéed green beans.

I'll update you on the next phase!



post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on starting your journey with WW!!!! Losing weight is hard and it's all about being motivated, and having some accountability to someone. WW groups are awesome :-)